Friday, August 3, 2012

Teeny Tiny Birds Putting the Squeeze on the Budget

I thought I had better put up a new post before I forget how to, or before I am rendered catatonic from lack of blogging.  Hmmm...I wonder if that is possible?  Catatonic due to no blog post?  I doubt it, more like catatonic due to the vast amounts of junk food consumption I have been partaking in.  You see, I am one of those types which can be termed a "stress eater" and also the type which can be termed "junk food junkie" so the combination is not good for me this past two months.  And good stress, or bad stress, doesn't seem to matter, so it hasn't been good here at Kitpu Estates, the sweet and salty snacks have been flowing. I haven't weighed myself in awhile but based on clothing fit, or lack thereof, I am assuming I have managed to permanently attach a substantial amount of the junk food to my mid section. 

Yesterday after my brother and his partner in crime left I did some catching up on sleep (not really I just lazed around and watched movies all day) and consumed the last of the junk food in the house.  So today I have the classic junk food hangover...let me tell you it isn't pretty.  And not having run in the last month or so I am not in great shape.  The good news is that my daughter is all settled in and typically she is a bit of a health nut and is usually up for some running, and eating properly, so between the two of us we should be able to get back into a healthy routine.  

The bad news is that mom isn't a viable candidate for open heart surgery and they are trying to find a palliative care unit close by.  But she does seem to be trying to ween herself off full time hospital care and has started trying to move around on her own.  This in itself is pretty surprising as she has been   unable to even sit up in bed on her own these days.  The one thing about mom is that she is really stubborn and when she wants something she can be single minded about getting it.  Her ability to win Doctor Mario, or kick ass in Angry Birds are proof of that.  So now that they have her somewhat more stable by tweaking her meds maybe she will enjoy a few more months of independent living.  Stranger things have happened. 

In the meantime I thought I would put up some pictures of our summer visitors.  This first picture is unusual by the fact that this guy is by himself. 


More typical of our feeder.


And a little less typical.



Humming bird central at Kitpu Estates. 


It isn't a wonder that we have been having to fill the feeder three or four times a day now.  With our tight household financial budget I'm not sure if we can keep feeding their addiction. 





No comments:

Post a Comment