Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Finally!

Wow the internet guy came by today and replaced my antenna and the works.  Apparently water in it makes for an unhappy connection. Thank you Jason!  I am seriously pumped that it is working and I can actually do stuff, and search stuff, and not have to choose what I am going to do online, just in case it goes down.  Did I mention how pumped I am? 

It is a cold, wet, crappy day outside...the hubby actually put a fire on this morning.  It is only plus eleven outside.  Its freaking June.  Yikes.  Of course I shouldn't really get my panties tied in a knot about it because I happen to love going outside for a walk/run when it is cold and raining outside.  Granted not long, long ones because I wouldn't want to turn into a popsicle, but seven or eight K would be perfect. 

So now that I have access to information I may just sit down and write before heading outside.  Lately I have been having issues because I need Google to be able to search/look shit up.  I hate having to put down notes to myself while writing. 

Example -

The war was finally over (look up when the second world war officially ended) he was free as a bird (look up if soldiers really were free right after the war ended or did they have to finish their term) as soon as he got home he bought a car (did the average soldier have enough money to buy a car) twenty five cents would pay for enough gas to get him (seriously...how frikkin far would twenty five cents get a person in 1945/46/47).  Iowa reminded him of (France?  Spain? Egypt?  The Moon? Where the hell would he have been stationed, and what did it look like?)  Note to self, put new story into the future.

And so on.

Turns out since Google I've turned into a know nothing moron. 

No comments:

Post a Comment