Sunday, March 10, 2013

Dirt Bags

Hubby and I went for a walk this morning and took the hell hound with us. As our walk progressed it began to warm up, the sun broke out about half way through, the road turned into a mud heap, and so did the dog.  She was like a walking mud puddle, but worse, because you aren't expected to bring the mud puddle into the house and let it walk around on your floors.  I left her tied up outside with the hopes that she would dry off while I went into the house and did some serious floor maintenance, and as these things happen just as I started vacuuming I ended up with visitors.  So the vacuum was put aside, tea was made, and I had a lovely long chat with some local ladies. 

Long story short, a few hours went by before I could start back into the cleaning mode.  The good news is that I actually got the floors vacuumed, and mopped, the bad news is that the dog hung out on the leash all day and when I finally got around to bringing her into the house she was still a walking mud puddle, still wet, and still mud from tip to tail.  And even worse, is that a good scrubbing with a towel did nothing to make her less muddy.  Sigh.  And of course the lake is still frozen over so it is not possible to have her go in and sluice around for a bit, plus the outside water is still turned off because it still occasionally drops below zero at night.  So my two options are, 1) throw her in the bathtub and wash her, or B) make her sleep on her bed to try and dry off.  I picked 2.  I am definitely not throwing the moose into the bathtub.  The way she loves the water I do not want to set a precedent.  I can just see getting into the shower and having the asshat decide to join me.  Ah no thanks, I already had a shepherd like that the first go around.  I ended up having to lock her out of the bathroom and listen to her howl while I took showers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment