Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Summer Day

Today was what you would call a fine summer day.  A tad bit on the hot side but nonetheless it was a fine day.  I had to run into the city yesterday and do some fortifying of the fridge and picking up some needed items for on going renovations, which really should have been enough.  But I ended up having to finish the grocery shopping today so I ran into town and picked up the stuff I couldn't (or didn't want to) buy at Costco.  Sometimes bigger is not better.  For example; what would I do with fifty pounds of potatoes?  So there I was standing in line with my cart not really paying much attention to anything when the lady in front of me stopped the cashier and asked her to take the cherries off her list.  It turned out that a small bag of cherries was tallying up to a whopping twelve bucks.  I totally could see her point.  But then I took a closer look at the items she was buying and was a little shocked by her choices.  Frozen pizzas, pizza pops, hot dogs, frozen macaroni and cheese, canned spaghetti, pop, chips, chocolate chip cookies, etc.  Sadly the only healthy things in her entire cart was a lemon, two limes, and a bag of cherries.  Then I looked in the cart of the woman standing behind me in line, hers was even worse, in fact between the three carts it made mine look like I was a veritable health food nut.  And let me tell you folks, my health nut days have been over for a long time.

No wonder obesity is a major problem in our society, both these women had two kids with them, all four kids were obviously over weight already and I think the oldest one was around nine.  It did make me do some serious thinking though, I should always look at my cart in a critical manner and decide what it is telling the world.

Oh and as of yesterday our family is once again whole, the sickly kitten has recovered and is now home and busy taunting the dog.  Here's a couple of pictures I took of her today.

Karson having a nap in the summer heat.   


Karson wondering what the heck I'm doing.  


And for those who are missing renovation pictures here are a couple of the outside activities.


1 comment:

  1. All those sticks are strapping for the siding I'm assuming?

    ReplyDelete