Sunday, May 8, 2011

Tickville Meets Kitpu Shack

So I guess the month of May must be tick season here in the eastern shores of this great country.  Today we found four ticks on, TTM (The Tick Magnet), aka our German Shepherd puppy.  I am hoping that I can become acclimatized to the presence of ticks because quite frankly they creep me out.  They also ook me out, but I won't get into that right now.

TTM has just gone through surgery to have all her pesky reproductive organs removed.  We asked if they could replace it with some additional grey matter.  Looks like I need to get my money back, it didn't take.  She is a bit on the crazy side right now probably because I have been keeping her house bound until her stitches are removed, which should happen in two days.  Then she can officially run around and wear off some of that pent up energy.  I am hoping she will be moving so fast that some of the local parasitic blood suckers will fail to latch onto her as she dashes by.  In the meantime she has started digging a hole which is quickly becoming large enough to pour a second basement into.  She has eaten two pairs of shoes, and has decided that all the toys that belong to those little bitty humans invading her house are all hers, so every time I turn around I find at least four new items in or around her bed. 

And speaking of the visiting itty bitty little humans, they will be flying home with the parental unit in three days.  I have mixed feelings about that.  On the one hand there will no longer be the pitter-patter of little feet running around at mach ten, the cuteness factor will be significantly reduced around the house, and my heart will no longer be melting as I listen to Twinkle, Twinkle Little Tar. On the other hand life will be significantly much less complicated.  Have you heard the saying that it takes a village to raise a child.  Well they forgot to mention that it also takes a moving van full of vitally important stuff.  Stuff like car seats, play pens, high chairs, strollers, DVD players, building blocks, tea sets, dolls, trucks, blankets, diapers, bottles, formula, rice cereal, crayons, colouring books, soothers, and sippy cups, to name a few things. 

Getting ready to go into town is not a matter of putting your shoes on and grabbing a jacket when you have kids hanging around.  The process becomes more like a military styled logistics routine.  Did you remember the warm bottle for the trip into town?  How about the two cold ones for the cooler, just in case you are delayed a bit.  Then there are the books, the $35 giraffe, the doll, the coaster from the living room, and the backpack the size of a small apartment building.  Getting out the door in less than two hours is the work of the finely honed skills of the parent.  There are no medals given out for this feat but there should be. 

So now I have to go because TTM has decided that it is vitally important to take up residence under my desk while I am writing this and I cannot convince her to bugger the hell off, and even though she is using her wily ways to endear herself to my heart like smelling like a wet dog and chewing on my shoe, I am getting the crawlies so I will call it a night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment