Friday, January 20, 2012

More To Life Than Renovations

As my title suggests I have more to my life than renovations.  *Snork* that's a good one.  Who am I trying to kid, I have no life!  But just because I have nothing else going for me doesn't mean all I should be doing is sharing renovations pictures, so I thought I would share some other fun facts about life on Kitpu Estates. 

As is my wont on occasion I took the hound, the hubby, and myself out for a walk to the back forty and beyond, here are a few pictures of life not in the kitchen. 

This one I found interesting because of the colour of the light.  It is obviously not a spring, or even fall light, it lacks the yellow one usually finds in the sun.  You can also see the extra long shadows cast by the trees, now if there had been snow on the ground it would have made a lot more sense. 


Here is the hell hound leading the charge as we walk towards Mirkwood. 

This is a picture of some of the wood we have been bucking up on our road making endeavors.  I have about nine piles on the go with quite a few piles of unbucked trees which still need to be cut and piled.  But alas, my little chainsaw must rest while I am involved with other projects.  The one real great thing about building a road is that the wood we cut will not go to waste, at least we have a great start on next year's firewood. 


And it turned out that I was correct when I said that the lake would look black, hard, and cold after the day of thaw and a night of sub zero temperatures.  If I still had my skates I could have skated for miles.  (Well until I hit a really weak spot and drowned.) 


Here the hubby is using the auger to check on the depth of the newly formed ice.  What is taking so long?  Spin that puppy will ya.

And it looks like around 7 or 8 centimeters.  That's thick enough to drive a truck on no?  We could start filming Ice Road Truckers of the East. 



Now aren't you happy not to see more renovations pictures?  I know I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment