Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Autumn Days Are Here Again

Today dawned sunny, cool, and calm, me thinks it will be the perfect day to trudge out to the back forty and pick up some wood, some more wood, and some more wood, and then wander on back to the homestead and throw said wood into the basement then pile wood into the wood bunkers.  And then do it again, and again, and again until my arms, back, and legs say stop.  Or as short and screamy would say, "Top!" 

I heart days like this, nice sunny fall days which beckon you out of doors and into doing stuff that needs doing without being chewed on by bad, bad bugs, or dying of heat prostration from the Yellow Face.  Even though the majority of leaves have given up the ghost and are no longer on the trees it is still pretty nice around these here parts most especially when I wander around and crunch through a thick layer of yellow, orange, and red. I love the smell of autumn, and almost everything else it has to offer, if I had to pick something I didn't care about it I would say, that what it portends.  I am not a fan of winter, less so when I was living in the Misty Mountains of the West. So the lake is much higher than it has been all summer and my beach is now at least a foot under water perhaps even deeper.  So basically things are the same as usual, status quo, consistent, and equivalent to what I have come to expect here on the other side of the world, and I am liking it.  More so because I now have no major responsibilities hanging over my head.  If I feel like doing nothing, going nowhere, and being a recluse I can do that.  If I feel like being social, wandering the countryside, and being active I can do that as well.  And I am loving the feeling. 

Well the door bell is ringing, my home security system is barking, and it looks like the world is intruding, so I must go.  

No comments:

Post a Comment