Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Tank Tops In October

You gotta love the east coast in autumn it is truly beautiful.  I remember just a couple short years ago when I was slaving away in the coal pits of the Misty Mountains wayyyyy on the other side of the world and watching the snow accumulate all day long and being bitter about it then sending my brother a picture of the shit only to receive a set of pictures back from him showing apples on green grass and a thermometer reading in the high twenties and thinking he was a jerk.  Well now here I am taking walks in my shorts and tshirt with the sun shining hotly over the land and thinking that I love this weather. 

We did a walk out to the back forty today which was more like a slow meandering stroll because of the time it took to take some pictures.  The back forty has sprouted a plethora of mushrooms after the last couple of days of wetness.  So without further ado here are a few pictures of my mushroom patch. 






I have to tell you that this next picture was of a some mushrooms that were growing in just the coolest bunch.  I quickly took this picture and was just getting into position to take one in a better light which would show off the coolness that comes from the ability of fungi knowing when and how to grow and knowing how to take advantage of all that moisture, and probably bear shit, when along comes Thing One and trots over all of them leaving it in a pile of useless detritus.  Let me tell you old Iron Bess swore like a pirate locked in a pit of coal miners listening to country music.  Plus I was sad too.  So you are stuck having to look at something not quite as amazing as it really was. 




 
 
 
 
 


And here at the Old Shoes and Tea Society we also thought that adding a picture of Iron Bess and one of the Poop Brigade would be appropriate to finish off the gallery of shrooms. 




3 comments:

  1. Yes...shorts weather in October is all kinds of wrong. We're in the low twenties today and it just seems silly. But...fear not...by Sunday night we might be at minus 1.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, we have a cottage in NH, it's closing up time. We know celsius numbers. It's going to be very cold. We have found safe haven in a neighbor's cottage for this coming weekend. They have a system that can deliver some serious heat. Otherwise, no number of hotties and propane stove/heater would be enough to convince us that hey 47 degrees is a great way to wake up and make a cup of tea. Gee, No. Ironbess I love your posts. You are special to me and my hearing and listening to myself have been shaped by your posts. Thank you for sharing your life with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laur, glad you found haven from the cold. Right now I am not having any issue with the cold as my body seems to be generating its own nuclear internal heat. Sigh. I thought I was over that stage. I'm so glad to hear that someone enjoys my posts as I have been enjoying blathering away. Although to be honest I am surprised that anyone else even bothers to read it. Thank you for your compliments. (How is the security on this site? Is it still a pain in the butt? I looked but can't seem to do anything about it. Infernal contraption...lol.)

      Delete