Friday, October 26, 2012

More Wood for Bess

Well it looks like it will be another beautiful day here in the land of the east.  The sun was up and shining this morning and I am waiting for the frost to get all warm and dried up before giving the cat another kick in terms of packing wood into the house. 

Today is also the first day of hunting season so I will now have to wear bright, shiny orange clothing, and put a bright, shiny orange vest onto the Home Security System who I so fondly refer to as an Asshat.  Yes people around here are pretty crazy when it comes to shooting and are not apposed to shooting at pretty much anything which moves in the bush.  Ducking a bullet is not so much fun so an attire which frankly doesn't match my complexion, or hair, is the next best protection.  Hubby actually went out with his gun this morning and wandered around the back forty looking for Bambi to kill.  I did not.  I am not so much a fan of deer meat so find that I cannot get behind the need to kill off animals which are doing us no harm.  Of course I say this as a person who hasn't planted a garden yet.  Perhaps next year I will be singing a different tune. 

So having paid my house and land taxes this morning, made porridge, sipped coffee, and blogged around a bit I am now ready and willing to go a hunting for the elusive wood pile.  Wish me luck.

 
***
 
 
Alright I am back from my hunt and have to report a somewhat successful day, the wood is all woody and getting higher and deeper in the basement.  I can honestly say that I much prefer to be at this side of the process than at the beginning.  My arms, legs, and back do not like me right now and have been calling me names and being mean to me in various ways.  Fingers crossed, tomorrow will be the final push on the firewood process and the bunkers will be full, and ready for action.  The weather network, if it can be believed, is predicting bad weather starting on Sunday for the foreseeable future.  Apparently some hurricane is making its way this way and will start to rain on our parade.  Dam hurricanes.  If this bad weather pans out then hurray us for being smart enough to take advantage of the warm sunny days and get our wood moved into the house.  If the bad weather doesn't pan out then hurray us for being smart enought to take advantage of the warm sunny days and get our wood moved into the house.  Either way it is a win/win situation where we will be ready for the coming season of coldness. 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Re hurricanes - well better get used to them I guess. You gave up snow for wind and rain.

    Re wood - I assume that means you aren't continuing your exercise lessons? ;P

    ReplyDelete