Monday, January 19, 2015

Ouch

Two days ago I woke up feeling as if I had slept on my shoulder funny and pinched the nerve/muscle/whatever.  Yesterday the pain was so bad it felt as if I had my entire shoulder had been replaced without any pain killers or anesthesia, in fact it hurt so much that I couldn't get my shirt on by myself.  So I ended up taking meds and going to bed for most of the day with my arm and shoulder propped in a position of most comfort. Which wasn't all that comfortable.  The strange thing about it is that I didn't do anything stupid to it.  I chainsawed a tree up six or seven days before, so enough time has passed between occurrences that that couldn't be it.  I painted for several days in a row...different arm, so that couldn't be it.  Today the pain has subsided a bit, I was able to get dressed on my own, so that's a good thing.  But it still feels as if someone, or something, has beat the shit out of the front, back, and top of my shoulder.  Ouch.  I decided that laying there propped up wasn't helping shit, and my house was a disaster area, so I vacuumed, scrubbed, washed, made bread, and did laundry to see if it would work out the kink (or whatever the fuck it is).  The good thing about vacuuming is that whenever you jar your shoulder and you feel compelled to say fuck (which in this case is every ten or so seconds), the noise covers the language.  The bad news is that it didn't help, it still feels like someone has beat me with a baseball bat.  The good news is that it isn't any worse for the wear and mentally I feel 1000 times better because my house is all sparkly clean. 

So now I'm sitting here (after eating several homemade buns smeared in butter) with my arm propped and sipping a coffee...and waiting for the last load of laundry to finish thinking that it might be because I am getting old.  In which case--aging sucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment