Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Flora, Fauna & Old Shoes and Tea

Today was a tad bit overcast and dreary but I decided to put on a pair of my old shoes and take the dog for a walk.  I am happy to report that we did not run across any more porcupines but did keep her on a shorter (verbal) leash than usual.  I'm not sure if this is wistful thinking on my part but she did seem to be a bit more leery to dash off after critters.  Fingers crossed!

I actually took my camera out to see if I could run across anything of interest.  Here are a few items which peeked my interest.  Here is the little cabin which I have been doing some cleaning up around.  I planted a rose near it and made a nice trail to it. 


This is the approach to the cabin now. 


This rock is one of my favourites on the property, I've been thinking about what I want to do with it, for now it is au-natural. 


I'm loving the way this tree looks with the lichen growing on it.  There is something quite pleasing to the eye about it. 


This marks the edge of the back forty so I built a small inukshuk but I am looking for rocks which will make it look better.  I am still waiting for the bruise on my hip to heal from the last time I went searching for rocks. 


And finally, I was looking for wild flowers but could only find little, teeny, tiny ones which refused to photograph well, even on macro, so I took a picture of the only flower in town.  (Well at the shack.)


No comments:

Post a Comment