Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sledding Along, Singing a Song

The poop brigade has been camped out at Kitpu Estates for a couple of days now, so yesterday we bundled them up and went for a short two or three k walk with them.  When we made it back to Kitpu I mentioned to the hubby that it would be nice if we could find a sled at a yard sale for the kiddies so when they are here, and we have actual snow, we would be able to take them sliding somewhere.  This morning as I was being all Dora Domestica, and chatting with the kidlet, the hubby went out to the gee-rage and hung out there.  Shortly before lunch he walks into the house and lo and behold brings this with him.



Have I mentioned how impressed I can be with the hubby and his talents?  If not...let me state for that record that I am pretty impressed.  He built this sled out of old kitchen cabinets and a piece of maple log he had chopped down.  Just so everyone knows, I have dibs on the hubby for the Zombie Apocalypse.  For that matter I have dibs on him for any of the apocalypses, zombie, Mayan, rapture, or EMP. 

And if you are wondering, the snow cover is about two inches in the deepest parts.  I think we had a lot more prior to the warm, rainy days of two weeks ago.  So it was a little difficult for old Iron Bess to find places to drag these loud and short hooligans.  The hubby made their day later on when he took them for a quad/snow plow ride.  Fun was had by all. 




No comments:

Post a Comment