Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Behind...as Usual

I am behind in my homework.  Grrrrr.  This is getting to be a real habit with me as of late.  And what with everything I have to do it shouldn't come as a surprise.  Yes...ha...ha.  I know I've heard this from other people who are in the same situation as me, but how in the hell did I ever manage to get anything done while I was still working full time? 

Yesterday I was feeling all woo-hoo over the fact that I actually managed to go for a run then finish my next article and actually get is slightly polished before sending if off to my editor.  In fact I was feeling down right smug about the whole process.  But then today dawned bright and early and when I popped my eyes open I had two things go through my head.  1) I really have to call Geri cause its been ages since we spoke.  (Geri has been dead for almost ten years.)  2) I still haven't received this week's submission from my writers group. 

Obviously it didn't take me a long time to figure out thought number one, that was brought on by a dream I had about me, Geri, Glen, Colin, and Don getting together for a BBQ.  That was the group of us who used to meet every Thursday for lunch and we called ourselves the Haha Club.  The rule was you had to arrive with at least one joke to tell the assembly.  Colin, who was the mayor of our small hamlet, and a minister, (which I did not hold against him) was the best joker of us all.  Don, who was the editor of our local paper, had the longest jokes of all.  Geri and Glen, who worked together in Glen's law office, told jokes as a unit, one would start a joke, and the other would finish it.  I don't remember how I was at the joke telling, but based on present day ability, I expect I was pretty bad. 

My second thought of the morning turned out to be unnecessary because as I was making supper at 8am my iPad binged at me and I received an email with this weeks submission to critique.  It was POETRY!  OMG, I suck royal bee pollen at critiquing poetry.  I like poetry, usually the rhyming kind, I have even on occasion memorized poetry, Kubla Khan for example, but I suck...SUCK...at critiquing it. 

So I took the dog and went for a walk to clear my head, blow out the cobwebs, and of course let the pup smell the doggy newspaper to her heart's content.  Now it is getting to be later on in the afternoon (my witching hour) I still don't have my critiquing done.  And to top it all off I have decided that I do not like my Five Starts for my homework from last week and I want to redo it.  Which means that I am reeeeeaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyy behind.  Sigh. 

On a happier note my legs don't feel too, too bad today.  A little twingy in the glutes and the adductors, but nothing to write home about.  Which means that I did just the right amount of distance and speed on my run yesterday.  It also means that the bit of stretching I did after the fact also paid off.  I haven't decided if I am going to run tomorrow, or wait one more day after that.  The one thing I have learned in the many, many, many years of self abuse through exercise is not to overdo it right from the beginning because down that road lies injury. 

You may also be asking if I have so much work to do what the hell am I doing sitting here blogging.  Your right, I should be doing my homework.  Quit nagging already.  ;p




No comments:

Post a Comment