Friday, February 8, 2013

Beware the Storms of February

Beware the storms of February!  Not exactly beware the ides of March, but still has a nice ring to it.  Last night the mercury dropped to -25 at the coldest, this morning it was hovering at the -20 mark when I left for my meeting.  That is probably the coldest it has been since I moved to this land.  And even though it was a tad bit chilly it did not seem as cold as it was yesterday.  What a difference a bit of wind makes.

The hubby, bless his pointy little head, has fixed the heater in my car, and put some stuff in the front grill to make it a lot less susceptible to being cold as all get out...cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey...colder than a well digger's ass...cold enough to freeze hell over...and the cliches are done...in my car.  So I was actually quite toasty on my drive today.  Yay me.

Well poetry critiquing went as it usually does...blech.  I'm pretty sure I wouldn't hate it as much if I actually wrote the stuff, or was somehow invested in it, but unfortunately at this stage of my life I just can't seem to work up any enthusiasm for it.  Maybe when the spring springs around here I will be all glorying in the burgeoning of life, the universe, and everything, and I will become motivated to write poetry, maybe...but I doubt it.  Sigh. 

Anyway such is life, and such is the life of a wanna be writer.  But in the mean time we have prepared for the impending storm of doom which is predicted to hit us sometime this evening, and snow a little, then work itself up into a real howler and then drop a ton of snow on us tomorrow.  I did my part by hacking up a couple of pieces of wood as kindling, buying milk, eggs, bread, and then coming home and settling in for a day of hanging in the house until such time as we need to go out and shovel ourselves out.  Happy storm day all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment