Tuesday, April 17, 2012

OCD Heaven

I thought I would do a very quick post just so I can get it out of my system...MY COUNTERTOPS ARE INSTALLED...WOO-FRIKKIN-HOO! 

I've been spending the last couple of days just futzing around trying to get things organized (wow, just the fact that I can try to get things organized is out of this world) so I am pretty happy.  Tired but happy. I've been putting stuff into cupboards and drawers and leaving them there for awhile to see if they are happy or feel the need to live somewhere else.  So consequently I've been moving lots of crap around because they seem sad and forlorn and lonely. Maybe its because they miss living on the floor, or on the spare bed, or in the laundry room, or on the fireplace hearth, or in the entry way closet, or in the basement, or under the bed, or on the couch, or outside, or on the roof, or in the garage...or...or...or...

Hopefully tomorrow I will waken all refreshed and ready to type something witty but heart breakingly insightful and wonderful.  But right now I just don't have it in me.  Most especially because after supper we had a serious meeting of the Old Shoes and Tea Society while sitting in the living room watching the fire. 

Me: Did I tell you today how thrilled I am that the countertops are here?

Hubby: Yes.  I caught two fish tonight.

Me:  And I put stuff away, and cleaned stuff, and organized things, and watched my kitchen for awhile. 

Hubby: You watched your kitchen?

Me: Yes.  I made me some decaf coffee and sat in my glide rocker and watched my kitchen.  It is way better than TV.  I think I'm in love with my kitchen.  I want to marry my kitchen.  Did I mention that I love my kitchen.

Hubby: Did you hear the part about the two fish? 

Me: Hmmm...my kitchen...my precious, I will call her Basil. 

Hubby: Isn't Basil a boy's name.

Me: Don't insult Basil she can be pretty sensitive. 

2 comments:

  1. OK. Now that you've got that out of the way you can come down this way and put new ones in for us. We'd probably even let you organize them because we know it means so much to you. At least I'm reasonably confident I could talk *her* into letting you. Just name a time and we'll set it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When deciding and planning out your new kitchen it may be advantageous to try and fit a utility sink into the mix.

    ReplyDelete